The Guillaume family
have been grafting vine in Charcenne since 1895. Knowledge and savoir-faire
have been transmitted from one generation to the next, thus making up
today's company, a successful and worldwide renowned one that can resolutely
face the future.
The origins of the nursery go back to a time when the Franche-Comté region
had to rebuild its vineyard after the phylloxera crisis. Albert Guillaume
started to graft vine and set up a nursery that sold planting material
in 26 "départments" of France.
At the end of the development of hybrids in 1954, Henri Guillaume took
over the business and was very active in the reconstruction of the Bourgogne
and Champagne vineyards.
Scène de greffage vers 1895